Saturday, June 14, 2014

Hometown Trades and O's Games

Happy Father's Day weekend!

I hope all the Dads out there are enjoying themselves to the fullest and that maybe you're lucky enough to get to rip some wax on Sunday.

My Father's Day weekend started off great!  I went to the Orioles game Friday night with the wifey and had an amazing time!  Yes, the Orioles lost... but anytime you get a babysitter and a night out on the town you'll find a way to even enjoy the losses!

The seats were great too! We were only 18 rows off the field on the third base line.  I saw Caleb Joseph gun down a would be base stealer for the third out of an inning and also saw Chris Davis strike out on three straight pitches.  That wasn't very cool, but on his way back to the dug out I saw Davis snap the bat over his knee in frustration.  That was pretty sweet.  Dude is The Hulk!

It's a bummer we lost, but I still had a good time.

I'll be going again soon with my buddy Karl in a couple of weeks.  Karl texted me the other night after he busted some packs and pulled this little gem!


2014 Topps Series 2 Ivan Rodriguez Rookie Class Pin Relic

Karl knew I was a huge Ivan Rodriguez fan and had previously hooked me up in a trade with a Pudge auto he had signed in person when he was on the groundskeeper crew for Camden Yards.  

Karl had seen my last post and had his eye on my David Eckstein auto.  So I pulled the trigger and agreed to the trade.


So long David... Karl will take good care of ya!

After we pulled off the trade we got to talking about the Orioles and sure enough my boy invited me to the game. That'll be my third game this year and all three times I got tickets for free.  At this pace I might just make half a dozen games this year!

So far my Saturday morning has been awesome.  The wife let me sleep for an extra hour... she made me a slammin' breakfast and I opened my daughters Father's Day gift a day early.  She made me a photo book of our first year together.  If her end game was to make Daddy cry... well... mission accomplished.  Jules also bought me a few rack packs of 2014 Topps Series 1.  Got a few cool inserts for Harper and Puig.  All in all a great Father's Day weekend so far and still have the rest of the weekend in front of me!

Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads this weekend!

Thanks for reading!


1 comment: