Saturday, January 4, 2014

Resolutions and Spoils of War!

Happy New Year everybody!
 
As I write my first blog post of 2014 I'm filled with ideas for the new year!
 
First things first though... reflection
 
In 2013 I pulled off some monster trades with mixed reactions from you guys...
 
I whittled down the Lost Cards to just 5 remaining cards (Jeter, Mantle, Carlton, Marichal, and Murray)
 
I had a couple of big pulls
 
but most important of all...
 
I became a Daddy.  My biggest accomplishment of my whole entire life by far! 
 
I can say without a doubt it has changed my life in the way of being a collector.  I no longer have the ability I once had to purchase cards and so I'm adapting as best I can.
 
Trades are crucial more than ever now and my direction and ambition as a collector has become more acute. 
 
So to that end I'd like to make some resolutions and declarations!
 
Last year I resolved to organize my collection and do inventory.  I failed miserably in that aspect and only piled on more cards to inventory! 
 
So once again... I resolve to organize my collection and inventory everything!
 
In terms of a NEW New Years Resolution I'd like to get complete my mission this year in getting back the rest of my Lost Cards. 
 
Once this happens I've decided I will retire this blog.
 
WOOGIE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!?!?!?!
 
(clearly this is what you all must be screaming...)
 
Don't be sad fwiends! I'll start a new one... this is just too much fun to not keep doing!
 
That is a ways off (assuming I don't magically get all my remaining Lost Cards in the next month). 
 
Let's change the topic...
 
SPOILS OF WAR! 
 
Awww sheeeeeeet! Your boy won his Fantasy Football league this year and got some money!
 
Not as much as I would have had last year, but that's because I had a co-owner on my team this year and we split the pot and then I split my split with my wife because the one thing I like more then buying baseball cards is dotting on my girl!
 
So all said and done I had $125 to spend on anything.  I could've purchased some Lost Cards... I didn't.  Could've purchased some Lineage relics... I didn't.  Instead I purchased a redemption card and because of it have a new objective of cards I'd like to collect.
 
Oh brother... I know.  Check it out!

 
2013 Topps Archives 1973 Framed Mini Auto of Manny Machado to 25!
 
Earlier I alluded to my ambitions as a collector.  So here it is...
 
I'm addicted to 1970 style Topps mini relics/autos.
 
I have over 50 of the 1975 mini relics and I would very much like to collect all 45 of the 2013 Topps 1971/1972 mini relics.
 
and now...
 
I'd like to collect all the 1973 mini autos from Archives.
 
(as well as complete the 206 booklets... still just 5 to go).
 
These obviously are long term goals, but I can tell you I've been throwing out a ton of trade offers for these cards.  No takers yet, but hopefully soon.
 
If any of you cats out there have any of these cards please hit me up and lets make magic.  I'll end this post with checklists of the cards I'm pursuing.  I'll be in touch soon friends!
 
Thanks for reading!
 

1973 Topps Minis Framed Autograph Set Checklist

Featuring 25 cards
Serial Numbered #/25
Hobby only
73M-BG Bob Gibson
73M-CK Clayton Kershaw
73M-CS Chris Sale
73M-DF David Freese
73M-DS Dave Stewart
73M-DW David Wright
73M-FJ Fergie Jenkins
73M-FR Frank Robinson
73M-GG Gio Gonzalez
73M-HA Hank Aaron
73M-JB Johnny Bench
73M-JM Juan Marichal
73M-JP Jim Palmer
73M-KG Ken Griffey Jr.
73M-MM Manny Machado
73M-MS Mike Schmidt
73M-MT Mike Trout
73M-NR Nolan Ryan
73M-RA R.A. Dickey
73M-RB Ryan Braun
73M-RJ Reggie Jackson
73M-TS Tom Seaver
73M-WC Will Clark
73M-WM Will Middlebrooks
73M-YC Yoenis Cespedes
 
2013 Topps Series 1 and 2 1972 Mini Relics
 
TMR-AG Adrian Gonzalez
TMR-AJ Adam Jones
TMR-BH Bryce Harper
TMR-CK Craig Kimbrel
TMR-CR Colby Rasmus
TMR-CS Chris Sale
TMR-IK Ian Kennedy
TMR-JC Johnny Cueto
TMR-JR Jose Reyes
TMR-JV Joey Votto
TMR-MH Matt Holliday
TMR-RB Ryan Braun
TMR-SC Starlin Castro
TMR-TG Tony Gwynn
TMR-YD Yu Darvish
 
TMR-AP Albert Pujols
TMR-BP Brandon Phillips
TMR-DO David Ortiz
TMR-DP David Price
TMR-GB George Brett
TMR-GS Gary Sheffield
TMR-JH Josh Hamilton
TMR-KG Ken Griffey Jr.
TMR-MC Miguel Cabrera
TMR-MCA Matt Cain
TMR-RC Robinson Cano
TMR-RD R.A. Dickey
TMR-RH Roy Halladay
TMR-SS Stephen Strasburg
TMR-TT Troy Tulowitzki
 
2013 Topps Update 1971 Mini Relics
 
TMR-CG Curtis Granderson
TMR-CR Cal Ripken Jr.
TMR-DJ Derek Jeter
TMR-EL Evan Longoria
TMR-GM Greg Maddux
TMR-HR Hanley Ramirez
TMR-JB Johnny Bench
TMR-JU Justin Upton
TMR-JV Justin Verlander
TMR-MS Mike Schmidt
TMR-MT Mike Trout
TMR-NG Nomar Garciaparra
TMR-RC Roberto Clemente
TMR-SM Stan Musial
TMR-WS Willie Stargell
 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new edition to your family... and for winning your fantasy league!

    ReplyDelete