Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Greetings from the freezer!

How can people do it?


Live in a mostly frozen climate. 


What motivates people to get out of bed in environments like that?


This winter has been brutal for Maryland.  I've been forced out of bed at pre 5am hours on multiple occasions to unearth my drive way and sidewalks from hells topsoil... aka SNOW.


In fact as I write this blog I can see through my sliding glass door the tree in my backyard and it is covered in ice.  Now they're talking about a huge storm coming this weekend. 


Can a shovel get a break!? 


It's okay only 8 Days till Spring Training!


This winter has also been brutal for me as a collector.  Naturally I'm still waiting on my redemption from Topps, but I'm okay with that.  I'm more disappointed that I haven't pulled off a trade in a while.  I had a huge one right before Christmas that actually fell through.  Oh well... you snooze you lose!  (A Machado auto for a Harper auto, but the person I was trading with ended up getting a Machado for Christmas).


I've sent out a few feelers and have even gone back and forth with a few guys too, but nothing accomplished in the end.  I'll keep trying though. 


I also have yet to get a new pack of 2014 Topps.  Which just seems wrong, but life as a new dad comes with certain sacrifices, so I'll continue to wait on new packs.  However, I've done my fair share of watching box and case breaks online to see that I like what 2014 has to offer.


Furthermore and slightly off topic... 2014 Topps Tribute looks stunning.  Really love the design of those cards and the early pictures look like its going to be a great looking product.


Back to 2014 Topps Series 1.  Again... I'm loving these mini relics!  Like last year they are doing a vintage design paying homage to 1989 Topps, but they took it a step further and did a die cut.  These are also numbered to 25 and have a checklist of 15.  I think I'll try and collect these as well.

1989 Topps Mini Die-Cut Relics Set Checklist

15 cards
Serial Numbered #/25
TMR-AD Andre Dawson
TMR-BJ Bo Jackson
TMR-CR Cal Ripken Jr.
TMR-DM Don Mattingly
TMR-DMU Dale Murphy
TMR-FM Fred McGriff
TMR-GM Greg Maddux
TMR-JR Jim Rice
TMR-MS Mike Schmidt
TMR-NR Nolan Ryan
TMR-OS Ozzie Smith
TMR-RJ Randy Johnson
TMR-TG Tom Glavine
TMR-TO Tony Gwynn
TMR-WB Wade Boggs

(normally I'd attach a picture, but Blogger was actin a fool and wouldn't let me)

But WOOG, did you even get any of the 2013 relics?


NO, for the record... I don't have ANY of the 2013 Topps mini relics (not for lack of multiple trade offers).  But I'll be getting all of those one day too! 


As the Rolling Stones once put it....


Tiiiimmmeee is on my side... yes it is!


Thanks for reading...



No comments:

Post a Comment