Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fantasy and Futures

So I know it's been a little while since I posted anything, but I'm still so new to the blog community that I'm not even sure what is regular and what's not.  I assume that some guys post every single day and some once a week.  I guess I'll just post when I've got something relevant to post.

The title of this post refers to two things...

Fantasy refers to Fantasy Baseball of course.  I'm about to draft my team in the next 30 minutes and it's been at least 8 years since I've last played Fantasy Baseball, so I'm just going to use a top 300 cheat sheet and use the Ozzie Newsome method.  BEST AVAILABLE.    I'll be sure to do a follow up after the draft is over to let everyone (all 15 of you) know how I did.  Hell, you can even tell me what you think!

As for Futures... well that refers to future posts.  I've had a few things I've wanted to do, but just haven't had the time.  Life happened I guess.  Anyway, here are the topics I want to throw out there.

Topps Lineage.  I've got the base set already and now I'd like to complete the master set.  Or should I say master master set.  I've never done anything like it before.  I would like to collect all 200 of each parallel (platinum, diamond, and 75 minis).  The 75 mini set is the one I want most.  I would also like to collect the whole entire relic check list for the minis.  This isn't going to be easy and is a LONG term project.  The Wagner, Mantle, Ruth, and Koufax all have book values of $200.  I'd like to acquire as much as I can via trade. As for autographs, sure... why the hell not?  I won't be upset if I never complete the auto check list, but I really want to complete the mini relics and would even like a go at the jumbo relics.  Just saw this one on ebay...


That is likely one of the most Bad Ass Brooks Robinson cards I've seen and want it... but not for the price tag! $400!?!  Everyone has a dream... this price must be his.

I'll post a check list of what I have and need so anyone who has anything they want to give or DONATE (yes I'll take any dups you have that I still need and will reimburse any shipping charges).

I also have taken out a good portion of cards I'm willing to get rid of via trade and just need to snap some pics and post them on the trade bait page.  So much to do and so little personal free time.

Well the draft starts soon so I'm going to post this and turn my attention to Best Player Available.  Wish me luck...

1 comment:

  1. I have six parallels and two minis available for trade. You can see them here.

    email me if you're interested. dodgerbobble@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete