Saturday, March 10, 2012

BOX BREAK: 2012 Topps Tribute


So as you know I picked up a box of Tribute yesterday and although I said I'd bust it this morning I ended up doing it last night after a few drinks with my wife.  We opened them together and had a lot of fun. 

I was really surprised this year with Topps... I'm not sure how long they've been doing this but all of the hits came encased in plastic already.  Talk about stepping up the quality control!

So my box break had some nice hits and a couple of duds, but lets hope those guys end up having great careers taking the value of their cards with them.

Each box of 2012 Topps Tribute contains 6 packs, each with 5 cards including 3 base cards and serial numbered variation card and one autograph or relic card.  Each box will have 3 autographs and 3 relic cards. 

My box had 2 Bronze short prints (/299) 2 Blue short prints (/199) and a Green Short print (/75) and a Black short print (/60).

So without further ado... 2012 Topps Tribute box break!

Base cards: Evan Longoria, Mickey Mantle, Jackie Robinson, and Ryan Braun

Orlando Cepeda, Hanley Ramirez, Jared Weaver, Ryne Sandberg

Mike Schmidt, Ryan Zimmerman, Duke Snider, King Felix Hernandez

Willie Mays, Paul O'Neill, Matt Holliday, and Ty Cobb

lastly, Carl Yastrzemski and Willie Stargell

My 2 Bronze Parallels were

Carl Yastrzemski 31/299

Prince Fielder 254/299

My 2 Blue Parallels were

Robinson Cano 194/199

Dustin Pedroia 147/199

My Green Parallel was

Roberto Clemente 29/75

and my Black Parallel was

Jared Weaver 15/60

My Relic cards were:

Paul O'Neill World Series Swatches Orange Parallel 6/25

Eddie Mathews World Series Swatches 48/99

Troy Tulowitzki Position of Power 74/99

My Autograph hits were:

Mark Trumbo Tribute Autograph Blue Parallel 47/50
(2011 Rookie of the Year 2nd place finish)

Eduardo Nunez Tribute Autograph 39/99
(possible future replacement SS for Derek Jeter)

Starlin Castro Tribute Autograph 80/99


Well, this wraps up the total box, and as you can see I got a couple of nice hits and some that may have a future value if those players pan out.  Now, I was hoping I'd get a Griffey auto or some other ridiculous pull and I failed, but we all know that's the game we play!  I plan to buy a couple of other boxes of new product this summer, but this will likely be the only Tribute I pick up this year.  All cards are up for trade if anyone is interested (except the Eddie Mathews... unless you really want it and can give a nice card in return).


Until next time...


















2 comments:

  1. Nice pulls!

    Interested in the Tulo relic! And probably the Weaver /60 too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick clemente. Maybe someday ill make a play for it. -Aaum

    ReplyDelete