Monday, March 5, 2012

MAIL DAY!!!

Lets face it... the older you get the less you look forward to getting the mail.  99% of the time it's filled with bills, junk, and more bills.

However... there's always that 1%.

That 1% of the time that you know something extraordinary is coming and you just can't wait to rush home to get to the mailbox first so you can get the mail before anyone else... like in high school when you had to get your report card before your parents. (We've all been there... right?)

Naturally my 1% is Baseball Cards... but it can be anything really just so long as it's something you're really looking forward to... or dreading. 

My 1% came today baby!

The cards from my first trade were sitting in a small manila envelope on my dining room table when I walked in to the house this evening.  I couldn't believe how fast they had arrived.  I debated if I should film me busting them but thought better of it as my words are much better written then uttered... apparently I have a thick Baltimore accent and am quite nasally. (I don't hear it though)

But I digress.

Up first is my most favorite card from the deal as he happens to be my favorite current Oriole and is my first autograph of him...  Nick Markakis 2007 Topps Co Signers Solo Sigs SS-NM


Followed by a very close second

2010 Allen & Ginter Autograph Koji Uehara AGA-KU

I love that this is an oncard auto and not a sticker and Greg wasn't really sure or not but thought this was a SP.  Can anyone verify that for me as I have yet to look it up?

Next up is a nice Jersey Card to throw in to the HOF collection

2007 SP Legendary Cuts Eddie Murray WG-EM

If that weren't enough I also got a few bonus gems in the mix including a few Oriole commons but more notably a pair of Clayton Kershaw rookie cards.



In the end I think it was a good trade for all parties involved... all cards found new homes and I trust will be well taken care of.  Again, a special thanks to Plaschke, Thy Sweater Is Argyle... Thanks for reading and being the first to throw out a trade offer.  It was a lot of fun for me.


Now some of you may be wondering what happened to the Hank Bauer post...


Next time folks!




3 comments:

  1. A pleasure trading with you! Glad you liked the cards I sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite nasally actually. Thanks for sparing us all. Nice O's additions.

    ReplyDelete